I still owe you all the story behind those last two pictures.
I hope to get to writing those up this decade.
I really should not be here but I wanted to make sure you knew I have not abandoned my blog.
I've just been a bit busy.
Here is a summary of the past 2+ weeks.
- June 7: My birthday and those owed stories
- June 8-10: Cleaning and other wise being super busy doing mom stuff
- June 11: My Aunt Jan and Uncle Dave's 60th Wedding Anniversary Party
- June 12: the church service where we had a visitor and we were locked out of our rented facility after beautiful new doors and locks were installed
- June 13-16: Super busy cleaning and prepping for IL trip
- June 17: kids to MyLois's house while I shopped for cute, non-kid stained outfits for my 20 year reunion
- June 18-19: laundry and packing
- June 20: left at 5pm for a 12 hour drive to Gale, IL
- June 21: 5:30am arrived in Gale and took a nap then hung out with Papa Dan and Papa Joe
- June 23: left Gale, drove North to Nokomis to visit Papa Don & Ruth
- June 23-24: the boys camped in Grammy's yard in a tent and then we went to the Bloomington Children's Museum and then out to eat Chineese
- June 24 evening: it was off to Grannie and Papa G's house in Champaign for birthday surprises for Otto (now 7) and then Hubby and I were off to a bar in my hometown (which was formerly dry) for the first stop of reunion activities. I saw NO ex-boyfriends and got in some GREAT talks with classmates from my youth. It was a WONDERFUL time. Hubby was not terribly bored either!
- June 25: I toured the high school which has had TONS of additions. WE HAD A BLAST! Hubby would have been very embarrased as we grabbed the marching band's practice flags and started to twirl them! Hubby had the chance to drive up north to visit with a college roommate. That afternoon we took a nap and then that evening headed off to another gathering of classmates.
- June 26: We needed to skip the family picnic and head on up to Morris for a gathering of two Aunts, an Uncle, Great Grandmother, Grammy and some cousins. It was a nice relaxing visit grilling out and watching our kids run around like wild people.
- June 27: we drove the 7 hours home and I was bit by a cleaning bug.
- June 28 through today we have been catching up on cleaning, rest and other activities.