Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to School??

As you know I get frustrated this time of year because EVERYONE is talking about Back to School AND I'M NEVER READY THIS EARLY.   Others keep asking my children, "Are you ready to start school again?"  Otto just looks at them and tells them "We homeschool and are already doing history."   He doesn't really know it but he's been doing more than that all summer long.

So, it's back to school time and I KEEP TEARING MY SCHOOL ROOM APART in effort to "Get it Ready".  *sigh*

Tonight I moved EVERYTHING from one side of the room into a messy array on the other side.  I have some beautiful carpet that ALMOST fits and I am trying to figure out how to fix it (maybe CUT it) in order to make it work.

So, in those moments when I get frustrated upstairs I find myself thinking about something FUN we can do this year in school.  Which usually drives me to my computer to FIND something educational and fun to do this year.

One sight I have gotten a LOT of helpful worksheets from is KBTeachers.

I included diagrams from their PLANT & MICROBIOLOGY section in my Pre-test for the Botany Co-op course that I am teaching this year.

I also nearly ran out of ink printing off the AMAZING Astronomy pages!  
Fun astronomy activity for kids of all ages

I CAN NOT wait for the fun we will have this year with those knowledge packed pages.

Otto has also latched onto several books on Ocean Life so I might have to dig into THIS section
Free and fun marine biology worksheet
as well.

KBTeachers.com offers math worksheets, social studies worksheets, science and reading readiness as well.  There are many worksheets that YOU control what prints.  You can create copywork or decide what type of money you want displayed on the money counting worksheet you print.

This is a wonderful resource that I learned about last year while on the TOS Homeschool Crew. 

There are lots of free resources as well, check them out today.

KBTeachers.com


-------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was motivated by a request from KBTeachers.com to help promote their new website.  It makes me eligible for a free Starbucks gift card, although everything I have typed above I would have typed anyway.   :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails