Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

In the past few weeks I have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award.
I am sorry that I have not been able to get my post up before this time but sometimes life gets busy and sometimes, especially in January and February, I struggle with motivation and get-up-and-go.

So FIRST I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY AWARD to both Michelle, at A Life Better Than I Deserve and to Julie at A Teaching Heart.  I feel very honored to have been chosen by these lovely ladies with beautiful blogs.  You really need to leave me now and go check out what they are talking about on their blogs.  

Okay, now that you're back let's get down to the business of this award.

The rules of the award are as follows:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
NUMBER ONE
Is done!  CHECK.  See the top of this post and if you did not go visit them when I told you to up above..........go now, please.  ;)


NUMBER TWO
Ugg.....   Talking about myself.  Hmmmmm.... What to say?  What to say?
  1. I am a contrarian by nature.  I can't help it.  Sometimes I can bite my tongue but more often than not I am sticking my foot in my mouth as I show them the flipside of the coin.   Tell me how rosey and happy life is and I am sure to point out the dangers lurking around the shadows in the corners.  Yet, if you are all down and gloomy I will surely point out all the jewels hidden in dark places and will definitely point out the silver lining in your clouds in life. 
  2. People tell me all the time that I am funny and I make them laugh.  I'm not sure why?  My family calls it embarrassing and occasionally unrefined.
  3. I have very mixed love-hate feelings about Spring.  Spring means warmer temps and more sun which are amazing to me.  Spring brings the grass back and the kids stay outside longer to play.   On the flipside (told you I was a contrarian) Spring makes the multiple feet of snow on the ground melt very quickly.  We live on a hillside and so all that melted snow water runs down the hill and down the driveway.  Now flashback to our first snow of 24 inches when we had to bring in an excavator to dig our very long driveway out.  The piles of snow on each side of the drive were 6 feet tall at least.  When the snow melts in Spring those banks are still there so the snow melt runs down my drive like a river and then at night melts again turning our driveway into a luge run.  Daytime=mud  Night time=luge  It doesn't bode well for my nerves but we usually survive.
  4. I am currently taking a Master Gardener Class despite not having a LOVE for gardening.  Hubby is moving into Bee Keeping tasks more and more which means he will have less gardening time which means I will be in the garden MUCH MORE.   I am learning a lot from the class and am praying for God to fill me with a TREMENDOUS love for tending the plants and soil this summer. 
  5. Many of the things I currently love and would be sad if taken away from me are things I disliked or even detested when the change first happened. God's changing power is amazing.
  6. I'm a GleeK.  There I said it!
  7. I often wish I were either and octopus or a super hero that was capable of spliting into 4-5 manifestations of myself.  I have so many things on my wish list and seem to run out of ooomph, motivation, time, energy, ability to do even a fraction of them.
  8. I'm giving you a bonus fact.  I am a HUGE promoter of GRATITUDE, THANKFULNESS and CONTENTMENT.  I struggle to balance number 7 and number 8 on this list.    The other day I read a status on facebook that really hit me in the heart.  "What if the only thing you had today was that which you thanked God for yesterday?"   If that does not help sway a person to remember one's thanksgivings I am not sure what will.
 NUMBER THREE
Award 15 (FIFTEEN????) recently discovered bloggers with this award.  OH MY!
 If you wonder why it took me so long to post this is was because I was trying to find time to go out and discover new blogs that I had not discovered previously.

Here's my list.  Congratulations to you that I have discovered.  Please pass on this award to 15 more wonderful blogs out there.
  1. Erin at Closing Time
  2. Jennifer at A Glimpse of Our Life
  3. Wendi at Simply At Home
  4. Shawna at Tenacity Divine
  5. April at The Homeschool Cafeteria
  6. April at ElCloud Homeschool
  7. Christy at Reed, Party of 6
  8. Dawn at Guiding Light Homeschool
  9. Kimberly at We Love to Homeschool
  10. Totally Temberton
  11. Four Little Penguins
  12. Jacquelin at A Stable Beginning
  13. Mozer at Spell Outloud 
  14. Lexi at Pink and Orange Coffee
  15. McMama at Ruby Slippers School
Whew!   That should keep everyone busy for awhile.  All of these blogs are very worthy of your visit.  Most of them I have never visited before. Many are fellow TOS Crew members but all are very unique and very fun with lots to learn and enjoy.
I am hoping that many of those blogs awarded will pass on the award and check back in with us to let us know who they passed the award onto.  It's fun to find new-to-us blogs, isn't it?

    0 comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails